Most read reports
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- Agenda for Humanity Annual Synthesis Report 2018 - Staying the Course: Delivering on the Ambition of the World Humanitarian Summit
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- UNHCR donors commit a record US$926 million in initial pledges for refugees, internally displaced and stateless people in 2019
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
GENEVA (16 March 2016) – Europe cannot shrug off its responsibility for migrants and pass the buck to Turkey, said the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the human rights of migrants, François Crépeau.
The human rights expert was speaking on the eve of the European Union Migration Summit on 17-18 March, where leaders of the 28-nation bloc will discuss the new agreement with Turkey to take back all migrants crossing irregularly to Greece, including refugees.