Most read reports
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
Funding of major agencies put on hold over kickbacks and bribery
By Annie Slemrod Ben Parker
JERUSALEM/LONDON, 9 May 2016
An IRIN investigation has found that a probe by a US government watchdog into corruption in aid delivery across the Turkey-Syria border runs deeper and involves more NGOs than previously reported.
Read the full article on IRIN
By Kristy Siegfried
The aim of a high-level conference in Geneva on Wednesday was to convince the international community to rapidly increase resettlement places for Syrian refugees and open up other under-used legal pathways that would remove the need for dangerous boat crossings and long, difficult treks.
Read the story on IRIN
By Ben Parker
LONDON, 3 February 2016 (IRIN) - As a major funding conference opens in London, IRIN has run the numbers. Which countries can claim to be doing the most for the Syria crisis? We compare 29 aid donors (to Syria, Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan) and refugee-hosting countries. See the most generous countries here.