Most read reports
- Humanitarian and Country Icons 2018
- GMDAC: Over 6,600 Migration Deaths Recorded in Africa Since 2013 ‘Just the Tip of the Iceberg’
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- The Global Compact on Refugees is a positive step toward a better refugee response
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
Urgent action needed for 80m children whose education has been hit by emergencies
The number of children whose education has been disrupted by conflicts and natural disasters has increased to 80 million.
The shocking statistic for 2015 is revealed in an education in emergencies "scorecard" published today by A World at School, which calls for urgent action from world leaders.
There have been a record number of children affected by crises - including attacks on education, wars, natural disasters and health alerts such as Ebola.