Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
- Working Together to End Child Marriage: How governments can end child marriage by accelerating coordinated action across education, health, protection and other sectors
- Devastating Impacts of Climate Change Threatening Farm Outputs, Increasing Global Hunger, Delegates Say as Second Committee Takes Up Agriculture, Food Security
Urgent action needed for 80m children whose education has been hit by emergencies
The number of children whose education has been disrupted by conflicts and natural disasters has increased to 80 million.
The shocking statistic for 2015 is revealed in an education in emergencies "scorecard" published today by A World at School, which calls for urgent action from world leaders.
There have been a record number of children affected by crises - including attacks on education, wars, natural disasters and health alerts such as Ebola.