Most read reports
- Humanitarian and Country Icons 2018
- The Global Compact on Refugees is a positive step toward a better refugee response
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- Hike in record-dry months for Africa's Sahel worries scientists
Current major event
Early Warning System for Disease outbreaks established in Syria
The Ministry of Health in Syria has, recently, established an early warning system for disease outbreaks with support from the WHO Country Office in Syria. A weekly surveillance bulletin is also being produced as part of this early warning system.
An overwhelming majority of Iraqi refugees 91.6% of refugees and asylum-seekers registered with UNHCR in Syria are from Iraq. The Government of Syria, which has continuously implemented a generous policy towards the stay of Iraqi refugees, estimates that the country hosts about one million Iraqis. 64.6% come from the region of Baghdad alone and 62.4% sought refuge in Syria five or more years ago. 35% of the 27,681 families registered are female-headed households.