Most read reports
- Vital protection for refugee and migrant children making perilous sea journeys to Europe urgently needed
- Spain contributes 4.1 million euros to assistance to vulnerable populations through the United Nations World Food Programme
- UNHCR appeals for urgent action as new Mediterranean mid-winter deaths reported
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
Urgent action needed for 80m children whose education has been hit by emergencies
The number of children whose education has been disrupted by conflicts and natural disasters has increased to 80 million.
The shocking statistic for 2015 is revealed in an education in emergencies "scorecard" published today by A World at School, which calls for urgent action from world leaders.
There have been a record number of children affected by crises - including attacks on education, wars, natural disasters and health alerts such as Ebola.