Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- ECOWAS forum urges modernisation of hydromet and disaster risk management services
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
Slovakia - “Be prepared, spread the word, and recognize the signs” is the tagline of a free new mobile application called SAFE Travel & Work Abroad developed by IOM in Slovakia to raise awareness about the risks of human trafficking through an interactive game.
Slovakia - IOM announced today that over 1,000 refugees have been resettled through Slovakia’s emergency transit facility to the USA, Canada and Norway since 2009.
On Tuesday (17/01), 23 refugees departed from Slovakia and arrived safely in the US, bringing the number of refugees resettled from Slovakia’s Emergency Transit Centre (ETC) in Humenne in other countries to 1,019, with 978 resettled in the United States.
19 October 2015 – While visiting a humanitarian centre in Slovakia today where refugees have been accommodated by the Government, United Nations Secretary-General urged all leaders to show their “global solidarity and compassionate leadership.”
“I really appreciate the Slovak Government for establishing this emergency transit centre,” Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon told reporters in Gabcíkovo, a municipality situated on the border with Hungary.