Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- Aperçu du Financement Humanitaire en 2018 - Appels coordonnés par les Nations Unies
The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) has opened a new office for the Asia-Pacific region in Singapore to improve coordination on hazards ranging from floods to fires and to strengthen meteorological services for rapidly evolving economic sectors such as air and marine transport. The Regional Office is being hosted by the Meteorological Service Singapore (MSS) and will serve as the nerve centre for WMO’s programmes in the region.