Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- The Aid in Danger Monthly News Brief - October 2018
MAPUTO, Mozambique, 21 June 2011 – With 2.6 billion people – half of the population in developing countries – still without access to a toilet or latrine, sanitation is among the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) targets lagging farthest behind in implementation. On 20 December 2010, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution calling upon the UN member states to "redouble efforts to close the sanitation gap".