Most read reports
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
MAPUTO, Mozambique, 21 June 2011 – With 2.6 billion people – half of the population in developing countries – still without access to a toilet or latrine, sanitation is among the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) targets lagging farthest behind in implementation. On 20 December 2010, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution calling upon the UN member states to "redouble efforts to close the sanitation gap".