Most read reports
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- UNHCR donors commit a record US$926 million in initial pledges for refugees, internally displaced and stateless people in 2019
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Reaching those furthest behind
XIENGKHUANG, 4 January 2011 (IRIN) - In the two years since the Laos government set up the first team of women clearing unexploded ordnance (UXO), they have had lots of attention, but this has not translated into increased funding, says the UN, which is supporting government programmes.
"It was quite in vogue with donors to have all-female teams," said John Dingley, the UN's senior technical adviser working with the government's UXO Lao clearance programme.