Most read reports
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- New regional framework will strengthen UNFPA response to Horn of Africa and Yemen crises
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
by Anastasia Moloney | @anastasiabogota | Thomson Reuters Foundation
In Guyana, young women were found selling sex next to remote gold mines from which they could not escape
By Anastasia Moloney
BOGOTA, April 30 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Hundreds of suspected victims of modern slavery were rescued in a major crackdown on human traffickers in 13 countries in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Interpol said on Monday.
Minister of Agriculture Noel Holder today said Climate Change adaptation is of urgent concern to Guyana and the Caribbean region and called for more preparedness to counter the effects of increased disasters, resulting from predicted growing changes and variability in climate.