Most read reports
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- Más de 150 países adoptan el Pacto Mundial para la Migración
Budapest/Geneva, 27 February 2018 – The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is calling on people to check on neighbours, relatives and friends who could be at risk as a deep freeze sweeps Europe.
IFRC Regional Director for Europe, Simon Missiri, said: “We are calling on the public to help us protect people who could be in danger– that could be an elderly neighbour, a young family, someone you know who’s ill.