Most read reports
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- Más de 150 países adoptan el Pacto Mundial para la Migración
Drought, earthquakes, floods, typhoons, volcanoes, and civil unrest, compounded by limited government response capacity in some countries, present significant challenges to vulnerable populations in the East Asia and the Pacific (EAP) region. Between FY 2008 and FY 2017, USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA) and USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP) provided humanitarian assistance in response to a range of natural and complex emergencies in the region.