Most read reports
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
Introduction à l’édition provisoire du Manuel
Dans plus de 50 pays du monde entier, quelque 24 millions de personnes sont déracinées et déplacées dans leur propre pays suite à un conflit ou à des violations des droits de l’homme.
Incentives and sanctions are used by external actors to try to stop armed conflicts in the short term. But are they effective in promoting peace? This research by Conciliation Resources argues that these instruments are often not used as part of a broader strategy aimed at resolving conflict. They are often a confused mix of coercion and assistance, which neither force nor encourage the conflict parties towards a negotiated settlement.
Food Security Information for Action
Globally, the number of natural disasters, the number of people affected and the impact of disasters are increasing. More than 250 million people have been directly affected by disasters every year since 2000; the highest figures ever recorded, according to the Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters (CRED). Developing countries in Africa and Asia are particularly vulnerable to extreme atmospheric factors and climate-induced shocks.
Note: Map production date estimated
Note: Map production date estimated.