Most read reports
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- Human Rights Council holds a general debate on human rights situations that require the Council's attention (18 September 2018)
- IDMC Mid-Year Figures: Internal Displacement in 2018
During FY 1983 OFDA responded with emergency relief to 43 disasters in 34 countries. Approximately 4,700 people lost their lives as a result of these disasters, which affected some 45 million others. Floods were the most prevalent type of disaster in 1983 with 13 incidences, followed by drought with seven. Overall, natural disasters accounted for about 75 percent of the total OFDA-declared disasters in 1983.