Most read reports
- Global Education Monitoring Report 2019: Migration, displacement and education: Building bridges, not walls [EN/AR/RU/ZH]
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- World Malaria Report 2018
- Galvanizing Power of Women’s Movements Driving Action Needed to End Harassment, Violence, Says Secretary-General, in Remarks for International Day
- Oxfam Intermón denuncia que 40 niñas y niños mueren cada hora en el mundo a causa de la diarrea
During FY 1983 OFDA responded with emergency relief to 43 disasters in 34 countries. Approximately 4,700 people lost their lives as a result of these disasters, which affected some 45 million others. Floods were the most prevalent type of disaster in 1983 with 13 incidences, followed by drought with seven. Overall, natural disasters accounted for about 75 percent of the total OFDA-declared disasters in 1983.