Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
Analysing the issue of shelter from the perspective
of the survivor, rather than through the traditional perspective of donors
and other assisting groups, this study aims to provide policy and programme
guidelines on emergency shelter and post-disaster housing.
It aims to cover the entire disaster spectrum - including disaster preparedness, disaster relief, post-disaster reconstruction and prevention.
This manual on emergency vector control after
natural disasters provides a companion to the guide Emergency Health
Management after Natural Disaster by the Pan American Health Organisation.
It deals with the following main themes:
- General problem
- Importance of disaster preparedness
- Post-disaster action
- Vector and rodent related diseases