Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- ECOWAS forum urges modernisation of hydromet and disaster risk management services
- Global push to stamp out hunger hinges on better data
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
Analysing the issue of shelter from the perspective
of the survivor, rather than through the traditional perspective of donors
and other assisting groups, this study aims to provide policy and programme
guidelines on emergency shelter and post-disaster housing.
It aims to cover the entire disaster spectrum - including disaster preparedness, disaster relief, post-disaster reconstruction and prevention.
This manual on emergency vector control after
natural disasters provides a companion to the guide Emergency Health
Management after Natural Disaster by the Pan American Health Organisation.
It deals with the following main themes:
- General problem
- Importance of disaster preparedness
- Post-disaster action
- Vector and rodent related diseases