Most read reports
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
Please note the large file size and allow fo longer downloading time
This conference reports presents the results of a conference on providing appropriate and immediate technical support such as water supply, sanitation, shelter and access for refugees.
Addressing problems of poorly prepared and coordinated response and seeking to enable victims of future disasters to be helped more effectively, the conference sought to provide an opportunity for relief staff to learn from past mistakes and consider ways of improving their response.
The report of the OFDA FY1992 covers natural disasters as well as civil strifes occurred during the year. With its PMP (Disaster Prevention, Mitigation and Preparedness) Division, OFDA especially carried out its programs and put most of its resources on hazard-prone regions, such as Latin America, Asia and Africa. The report tells readers how and for what kind of programs had the budget been used, and to what extent the programs had benefited.
With problems of refugees raising not only
humanitarian and human rights concerns but also fundamental issues of international
peace and security, this report examines the challenge of protection amid
the dynamics of changing political realities. For this purpose, it contains
the following chapters:
- Challenge of protection
- Dynamics of displacement
- Asylum under threat
- Information as protection
- Protection in times of armed conflict
- Responding to refugee emergencies
- Going home: Voluntary repatriation