Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
This report outlines the methodology of an evaluation
tool for determining sectoral and overall effects of a disaster, to guide
post-disaster rehabilitation and reconstruction processes. For this purpose,
it discusses the following issues:
- Methodological and conceptual aspects
- Social sectors
- Economic sectors
- Global effects and damage
The tool is aimed at professional evaluating the socio-economic impact of disasters in situations where little reliable quantitative information is available.