Most read reports
- Vital protection for refugee and migrant children making perilous sea journeys to Europe urgently needed
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appeals for urgent action as new Mediterranean mid-winter deaths reported
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
This document calls on project designers and implementers to ensure that the population displaced by a project receives benefits from the changes and that it is re-established on a sound productive basis. The paper explains:
What basic elements should be considered
in preparing a resettlement action plan
How the local community can be involved
What role the donor can assume in the process
What consequences of planning and implementation are effective.
The guidelines aim to codify in a systematic manner some of the best practices in this domain.