Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
This document calls on project designers and implementers to ensure that the population displaced by a project receives benefits from the changes and that it is re-established on a sound productive basis. The paper explains:
What basic elements should be considered
in preparing a resettlement action plan
How the local community can be involved
What role the donor can assume in the process
What consequences of planning and implementation are effective.
The guidelines aim to codify in a systematic manner some of the best practices in this domain.