Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- FAO Early Warning Early Action report on food security and agriculture (January - March 2019)
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
The aim of this document, "The Geneva Conventions and the Additional Protocols-Basic Rules", is to provide a condensed synthesis of the rules of international humanitarian law in armed conflicts as contained in these legal instruments. This presentation itself is preceded by a summary which sets out, as simply and briefly as possible, the fundamental rules which are the basis of these treaties and the law of armed conflicts as a whole.
OFDA directed an unprecedented number of disaster relief operations during FY 1988. In all, OFDA responded to 60 disasters during the fiscal year. ranging frorn drought to flooding. An ammunition dump accident to a toxic waste incident, epidemics to civil strife, earthquakes to volcanic eruptions. landslides to insect infestations. Disaster