Most read reports
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- The potential human cost of cyber operations: Starting the conversation
The aim of this document, "The Geneva Conventions and the Additional Protocols-Basic Rules", is to provide a condensed synthesis of the rules of international humanitarian law in armed conflicts as contained in these legal instruments. This presentation itself is preceded by a summary which sets out, as simply and briefly as possible, the fundamental rules which are the basis of these treaties and the law of armed conflicts as a whole.
OFDA directed an unprecedented number of disaster relief operations during FY 1988. In all, OFDA responded to 60 disasters during the fiscal year. ranging frorn drought to flooding. An ammunition dump accident to a toxic waste incident, epidemics to civil strife, earthquakes to volcanic eruptions. landslides to insect infestations. Disaster