Most read reports
- Global push to stamp out hunger hinges on better data
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- All you need to know in an emergency – in the palm of your hand
- Joint Communiqué by United Nations Secretary-General, African Union Commission Chairperson, European Commission President during Third Trilateral Meeting
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
The aim of this document, "The Geneva Conventions and the Additional Protocols-Basic Rules", is to provide a condensed synthesis of the rules of international humanitarian law in armed conflicts as contained in these legal instruments. This presentation itself is preceded by a summary which sets out, as simply and briefly as possible, the fundamental rules which are the basis of these treaties and the law of armed conflicts as a whole.
OFDA directed an unprecedented number of disaster relief operations during FY 1988. In all, OFDA responded to 60 disasters during the fiscal year. ranging frorn drought to flooding. An ammunition dump accident to a toxic waste incident, epidemics to civil strife, earthquakes to volcanic eruptions. landslides to insect infestations. Disaster