Most read reports
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- WFP participation at Global Child Nutrition Forum event: The world’s largest conference on school feeding
- Global Child Nutrition Forum celebrates 20th edition in Tunisia
- Regional HAC Database Dashboard: Eastern and Southern Africa (October 2018)
During FY 1983 OFDA responded with emergency relief to 43 disasters in 34 countries. Approximately 4,700 people lost their lives as a result of these disasters, which affected some 45 million others. Floods were the most prevalent type of disaster in 1983 with 13 incidences, followed by drought with seven. Overall, natural disasters accounted for about 75 percent of the total OFDA-declared disasters in 1983.