Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
Hunger: More than a moral outrage
The statistics are shocking, so utterly appalling as to be beyond comprehension: 780 million people deprived of sufficient nourishment; three million under-fives dead from hunger in just one year; and, 66 million primary school children sent to class every day on empty stomachs.
Tragically, this is not the trailer for some postapocalyptic sci-fi blockbuster, but hard truths about the world we live in.