Most read reports
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
This technical paper represents an initial attempt to assess the risk of disaster-induced displacement in 21 island states in the South Pacific. It presents results from the second of five planned analyses which correspond with the regional consultations of the Nansen Initiative, a state-led process that brings together representatives from governments, international organisations, civil society, think tanks and other key actors to develop a protection agenda for people displaced across state borders by disasters and the effects of climate change.