Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
Pacific island communities are exposed to a wide range of natural disasters, including cyclones, floods, landslides, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis, as well as to the adverse effects of climate change such as coastal erosion, saltwater intrusion into farmland and fresh water sources.