Most read reports
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
Pacific island communities are exposed to a wide range of natural disasters, including cyclones, floods, landslides, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis, as well as to the adverse effects of climate change such as coastal erosion, saltwater intrusion into farmland and fresh water sources.