Most read reports
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Hike in record-dry months for Africa's Sahel worries scientists
- Agenda for Humanity Annual Synthesis Report 2018 - Staying the Course: Delivering on the Ambition of the World Humanitarian Summit
- Destinar los recursos necesarios puede salvar a 2 de cada 3 recién nacidos
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.