Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Venezuela: Human rights experts say health system in crisis
- Venezuela – humanitarian crisis in the shadows
- Promoción y protección de los derechos humanos en la República Bolivariana de Venezuela
- América Latina y El Caribe - Rutas Migratorias de Población Venezolana (a 18 de septiembre de 2018)
- América Latina y El Caribe - Stocks de Población Venezolana en la región (a 26 de septiembre de 2018)
Ottawa -- Canada's International Cooperation Minister, Maria Minna, today announced an additional $100,000 in humanitarian assistance to help flood victims in Venezuela. This brings Canada's total commitment to $275,000. The funding will be channelled through the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).
"Canadians are deeply concerned by the situation of Venezuelan families that have lost loved ones in these floods," said Minister Minna.
Ottawa -- Maria Minna, Canada's Minister for International Cooperation, today announced $175,000 in humanitarian aid to assist victims of the floods in Venezuela. The funding will be channelled through the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), and the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.
"The massive mudslides and flooding in northern Venezuela were devastating, killing thousands of people and leaving many more homeless or injured," said Minister Minna.