Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Regional Inter-Agency Coordination Platform for Refugees and Migrants from Venezuela - Regional Response: Situational update No.1 (September 2018)
- 2018 - Regional impact of Venezuela situation: Overview of CERF Requests (As of 10 October 2018)
- Venezuelan Emigration: Exodus to the Region (October 2018)
- Venezuela: Human rights experts say health system in crisis
- UNICEF Migration flows in Latin America and the Caribbean Situation Report No. 2 | 8 Sept – 8 Oct 2018
POSTED ON: APRIL 27, 2018 | AUTHOR: KIMI-ROUX JAMES
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA), the humanitarian agency for the Seventh-day Adventist Church, was recently awarded $500,000 by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA). This grant funding to ADRA will help provide additional emergency relief aid to Venezuelan migrants in Brazil.
Silver Spring, Maryland - ADRA is providing emergency assistance to 150 families affected by flooding in Venezuela.
Concentrating its efforts in the towns of Tovar, Santa Cruz de Mora, and Puerto Rico, ADRA is providing locally-purchased kitchen, hygiene, and food materials to benefit as many as 1,000 persons.
BARQUISIMETO, VENEZUELA - As the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) continues its rescue and relief efforts following the recent flooding and mudslides in Venezuela, the humanitarian organization is shifting its efforts primarily towards distribution, with the support of the Fund of Social Development (FSD) and the Venezuelan Central Conference.
BARQUISIMETO, VENEZUELA - Following devastating flash floods and mudslides in up to 10 states of Venezuela, the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is working to rescue those who are stranded, to provide basic medical attention to those in need, and to help provide many with food, water, clothing and shelter.