Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Venezuela: Human rights experts say health system in crisis
- Promoción y protección de los derechos humanos en la República Bolivariana de Venezuela
- América Latina y El Caribe - Rutas Migratorias de Población Venezolana (a 18 de septiembre de 2018)
- UNICEF Migration flows in Latin America and the Caribbean Situation Report No. 2 | 8 Sept – 8 Oct 2018
- Venezuela Regional Crisis - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #6, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
More than 200 families in Venezuela's Vargas, Miranda and Mérida States received food in the wake of massive flooding, via a grant from FHI.
Partner organization RENACSENIV (Red Nacional Cristiana de Servicio al Niño Venezolano) provided food and personal hygiene items to families who had lost homes and personal belongings due to floods that came in January and February.
Food for the Hungry airlifted an emergency
shipment worth $285,000 of medicine, food and clothing to the victims of
flooding, landslides and mudslides in Venezuela. Additional relief -- primarily
cash to purchase food and temporary shelter locally -- will be provided
as local partners are identified and screened.
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez reported in a television broadcast Monday night that the disaster destroyed 23,000 homes and left 140,000 homeless.
Scottsdale, AZ (December 20, 1999)--Food for the Hungry (FH) is responding to this weekend's flooding and mudslides in Venezuela, with the intial response being $250,000 worth of food, medicines and clothing. Donations are needed to help pay for shipping costs.