Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Declaración Conjunta del ACNUR y de la OIM acerca del nombramiento del Sr. Eduardo Stein como Representante Especial Conjunto para los refugiados y migrantes venezolanos en la región
- Call a Spade a Spade: Venezuela is a Public Health Emergency
- Epidemiological Update - Measles - 21 September 2018
- Epidemiological Update - Diphtheria - 21 September 2018
- Colombia pedirá a la ONU un fondo humanitario para afrontar la crisis de Venezuela
“We have arranged for a 500,000 Euro multilateral emergency financing – through the Italian cooperation service – to tackle the humanitarian crisis provoked by the massive flow of displaced Venezuelans in Brazil and Colombia.”
Rome, 2 January 2000 - In a letter addressed to his Venezuelan counterpart, Rangel Vale, the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Lamberto Dini, has reaffrimed Italy's commitment to making an active effort to assist the populations hit by the serious natural disaster that has claimed many victims and caused massive material damage in the country. In his letter, Minister Dini announced that following the provision of initial emergency aid, the Italian government intends to provide further initiatives to assist reconstruction.
The Italian contribution to assisting the people and …
Following the devastating and tragic disaster that has hit Venezuela over the past few days, the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Lamberto Dini, has earmarked a further nine billion liras (added to the billion liras already allocated a few days ago) to go towards assistance and relief work for the victims of the flooding.
These funds - which will be delivered via the International Organisations - will go partly towards funding humanitarian projects carried out by Italian NGO's.