Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Number of refugees and migrants from Venezuela reaches three million
- El número de refugiados y migrantes de Venezuela alcanza los 3 millones
- Venezuela: Numbers Highlight Health Crisis
- Venezuela: Human rights experts say health system in crisis
- Inician Plan de Suministro de Agua para localidades varguenses en sequía
Children face the risk of abuse, abandonment and exploitation as more Venezuelans leave for neighbouring countries
SOS Children’s Villages has started emergency programmes in two countries directly affected by the situation in Venezuela, but more help is needed to address the needs of children, says Fabiola Flores, International Director of the Latin American and Caribbean Region of SOS Children’s Villages.
SOS Children's Villages is making homes available to families crossing the border, says emergency response coordinator Sergio Marques.
SOS Children’s Villages Brazil is mobilising to help children and families from Venezuela who have sought refuge in the country. An estimated 1.5 million Venezuelans have been displaced over the past year, many seeking refuge in neighbouring Colombia and Brazil.