Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Venezuela: Numbers Highlight Health Crisis
- Number of refugees and migrants from Venezuela reaches three million
- El número de refugiados y migrantes de Venezuela alcanza los 3 millones
- Venezuela: Las cifras evidencian una crisis de salud
- Plan Maestro para el fortalecimiento de la respuesta al VIH, la tuberculosis y la malaria en la República Bolivariana de Venezuela desde una perspectiva de salud pública
On 28 May 2018, the Council adopted the following conclusions on **Venezuela:**
1. The EU recalls its previous statements on Venezuela, in particular the High Representative's declaration on behalf of the EU of 22 May.
2. The latest developments in Venezuela have pushed further away the possibility of a constitutional negotiated solution that ensures the respect of democracy, the rule of law and human rights.
We, the G7 Leaders of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, the United States of America and the European Union, are united in rejecting the electoral process leading to the May 20, 2018, Presidential election in Venezuela.
Recent developments in Venezuela are causing further polarisation and are preventing progress on the multiple crises that the country is facing.
The monthly number of Venezuelans seeking international protection in the EU per month has increased sharply over the past two years, now representing the 10th most common nationality. Spain received by far the most applications lodged by Venezuelans in February 2018, with 1,160 applications out of almost 1,400
On 26 February 2017, the Council adopted conclusions on EU priorities at United Nations human rights fora in 2018.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
The European Union recalls its Council Conclusions of 18 July 2016 fully supporting the efforts in Venezuela to facilitate an urgent, constructive and effective dialogue between the Government and the parliamentary majority, creating the conditions for peaceful solutions to the multidimensional challenges the country faces.
A Zika virus outbreak in the Americas and the South Pacific is evolving rapidly, and its spread is likely to continue as the vector species Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus are widely distributed there. While a significant increase in the number of newborns presenting with a low head circumference seems established in the northeastern states of Brazil, the magnitude of the increase cannot be precisely estimated. Similarly, a link with Zika virus infection cannot be confirmed until the ongoing investigations are completed.
Brussels, 30 September 2009
Today the Commission will present a renewed policy designed to strengthen the EU-Latin America strategic partnership. With its Communication « EU-Latin America: Global Players in Partnership » the Commission assesses the state of play of the bi-regional relationship and outlines the targets and objectives for the coming years.
Bruselas, 30 de septiembre de 2009
La Comisión presentará hoy una nueva política concebida para consolidar la asociación estratégica entre la UE y América Latina. En su Comunicación «UE - América Latina: Una asociación de actores globales» la Comisión eval=FAa la situación de la relación birregional y resume los objetivos para los próximos años.
Texts Adopted by Parliament
Provisional Edition : 06/07/2000