Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- EU steps up assistance for victims of the Venezuela crisis
- La ONU incluye por primera vez a Venezuela en el plan anual de ayuda humanitaria
- UNICEF strengthens support for women and children in Venezuela
- Number of refugees and migrants from Venezuela reaches three million
- El número de refugiados y migrantes de Venezuela alcanza los 3 millones
Edited by Their News from reports by Dylan Baddour and Vivian Sequera Thomson Reuters Foundation
The country's economic woes are hitting education - and thousands of families are trying to get their children into school in neighbouring countries.
The economic and hunger crisis that has gripped Venezuela is also driving millions of children out of school.
Online Editor, Theirworld
Malnutrition and diseases are on the rise and hundreds of thousands have fled the South American country because of hunger and violence.
If you were to ask people to name the world's major refugee crises, it's doubtful that Venezuela would be high on anyone's list.
But more than 1.5 million people have fled the South American country to get away from hunger, violence and disease.
As with any refugee crisis, children are being hit badly - particularly the very young.