Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Number of refugees and migrants from Venezuela reaches three million
- El número de refugiados y migrantes de Venezuela alcanza los 3 millones
- Venezuela – Complex Emergency (DG ECHO) (ECHO Daily Flash of 12 November 2018)
- Venezuela: Human rights experts say health system in crisis
- Promoción y protección de los derechos humanos en la República Bolivariana de Venezuela
América Latina y el Caribe se aleja del cumplimiento del Objetivo de Desarrollo Sostenible 2: Hambre cero. Su número de personas subalimentadas aumentó por tercer año consecutivo: en 2017 alcanzó 39,3 millones, en gran medida debido a Sudamérica.
La malnutrición en la Región toma muchas formas: uno de cada diez niños y niñas menores de cinco años presenta retraso en el crecimiento; uno de cada cuatro adultos es obeso; una de cada cinco mujeres en edad fértil padece de anemia.
Obesity grows by 3.6 million people every year in the region, while hunger has increased in three countries since 2014, according to a new report from FAO, PAHO, UNICEF and WFP.
SANTIAGO DE CHILE / PANAMA CITY - Hunger, malnutrition, lack of micronutrients, overweight and obesity have greater impact on people with lower income, women, indigenous people, Afro-descendants and rural families in Latin America and the Caribbean, according to a new UN report.
US$ 638,791 cash-based transfers made
US$ 3.83 m six months (October 2018-March 2019) net funding requirements
39,086 people assisted in September 2018
• WFP’s provided attention to 22,950 vulnerable people on the move. As the Venezuelan migration crisis continues, the majority of people assisted are Venezuelans (76.6 percent), followed by Colombians (22.6 percent) and 0.8 percent of other nationalities.
509.3 mt of food assistance distributed
1.216.631 USD cash-based transfers made
USD 56.5 m six months (October 2018 - March 2019) net funding requirements
141.234 people assisted in September 2018
703.9 mt of food assistance distributed
1,386,033 USD cash based transfers made
41.9 m six months (August 2018-January 2019) net funding requirements
156,302 people assisted in August 2018
US$ 534,947 cash-based transfers made
US$ 0.62 m six months (August 2018 - January 2019) net funding requirements
27,673 people assisted in August 2018
US$ 437,268.54 m cash-based transfers made
US$ 0.62 m six months (August-January 2019) net funding requirements
19,735 people assisted in July 2018
• WFP held a high-level meeting with the new Vice Minister of Human Mobility, Ambassador Santiago Chávez. The meeting was held to discuss the current challenges in providing assistance to vulnerable people on the move and reiterate WFP's commitment to support government priorities.
334 mt of food assistance distributed
1,081,484 cash based transfers made
USD 42 m six months (August 2018-January 2019) net funding requirements, representing 27% of total
141,533 people assisted in July 2018
This report provides United Nations Security Council (UNSC) members with an overview of the numbers of people in acute need of emergency food, nutrition and livelihood assistance in 22 countries/territories affected by conflict. It analyses the factors driving food insecurity and examines if those factors are a consequence of conflict and/or if they are driving further tension.
See at a glance how the United Nations Humanitarian Response Depot supported its partners' response to global humanitarian crises in this overview of major shipments and events from January through June 2018.
• In Q1-2018, the FAO cereal price index rose by 8.6 percent from Q1-2017, while the global food price index declined by 2 percent year-on-year.
• The real price for wheat was 22 percent above Q1-2017 levels: crops suffered dryness in the United States and cold weather in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States, leaving production forecasts open to a downward revision.3 World ending stocks remain at record levels.
CIUDAD DE PANAMÁ - El Programa Mundial de Alimentos de las Naciones Unidas (WFP) ha pedido fondos para apoyar el despliegue de un plan de US$46 millones para brindar asistencia alimentaria de emergencia a 350.000 migrantes empobrecidos, quienes han cruzado la frontera de Venezuela a Colombia.
PANAMA CITY – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has called for funding to support the roll-out of a US$46 million plan to deliver emergency food assistance to 350,000 impoverished migrants, who have crossed the border from Venezuela into Colombia.
BOGOTÁ –El Programa Mundial de Alimentos (WFP) de las Naciones Unidas y Save the Children Colombia realizaron hoy la firma de un Memorando de Entendimiento que les permitirá realizar acciones conjuntas y complementarias destinadas a promover la seguridad alimentaria y nutricional de familias y población en situación de vulnerabilidad en la zona de Frontera con Venezuela, con especial énfasis en mujeres gestantes y lactantes, niños y población indígena.
445.5 mt of food assistance distributed
711,359 USD cash based transfers made
USD 10.64 m six months (April – September 2018) net funding requirements
92,204 people assisted in March 2018