Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- EU steps up assistance for victims of the Venezuela crisis
- La ONU incluye por primera vez a Venezuela en el plan anual de ayuda humanitaria
- UNICEF strengthens support for women and children in Venezuela
- El número de refugiados y migrantes de Venezuela alcanza los 3 millones
- Venezuela: Human rights experts say health system in crisis
Baltimore, September 27, 2000 -- Lutheran World Relief is helping vulnerable groups in North Korea, flood survivors in northern India and people working on long-term rehabilitation after last December's floods and mudslides in Venezuela. Recent grants for these three emergencies total $143,000.
CHURCH WORLD SERVICE
EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROGRAM
Church World Service is the Humanitarian Agency of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the U.S.A.
35 Denominations & Communions Working Together to Meet Human Needs
The European Commission has made available funding for humanitarian aid projects in the following countries: India (Euro 5.2 million), Venezuela (Euro 3.2 million), Indonesia (Euro 3 million), North Korea (Euro 800,000), the Russian Federation (Euro 2 million), Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine (Euro 1.9 million). The aid, channelled via the European Commission Humanitarian Office (ECHO), will enable United Nations organisations, the Red Cross family and non-governmental organisations to carry out projects over the next three to six months.