Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Declaración Conjunta del ACNUR y de la OIM acerca del nombramiento del Sr. Eduardo Stein como Representante Especial Conjunto para los refugiados y migrantes venezolanos en la región
- Venezuela: formación en salud, derecho humanitario y preparación para emergencias - Boletín Mayo-Agosto 2018
- The Venezuelan Exodus: The Need for International Protection and the Region’s Response
- Salvation Army tackles risk of human trafficking as thousands flee Venezuela
- Joint statement by UNHCR and IOM on the appointment of Mr. Eduardo Stein, as a Joint Special Representative for Venezuelan refugees and migrants in the region
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica, November 20 (UNHCR) - Cooperation between states is essential to address the joint challenge of refugee protection and migration in the Americas, the UN refugee agency's top protection official told delegates at the opening here of a regional conference on the issue.
UNHCR Assistant High Commissioner for Protection Erika Feller, addressing representatives of 20 countries in North and South America on Thursday, stressed that migrants and refugees were not the responsibility of just one organization, one country or one region, but the shared concern of all those …
Caribbean Red Cross Program Transitions into Second Phase
A USAID/OFDA-supported Red Cross program to strengthen disaster preparedness in the Caribbean concluded its first phase in August and will begin phase two in October.
The program, "Readiness to Respond: Increased Disaster Preparedness through Enhanced Coordination and Community Awareness," is a joint effort between USAID/OFDA, the American Red Cross, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, and Caribbean Red Cross societies.
USAID/OFDA provided more than …
Latin American Countries Adopt the Incident Command System
USAID/OFDA is providing assistance to 16 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) that are implementing the Incident Command System (ICS).
The ICS is a predefined chain of command first employed in the U.S. state of California in the 1970s in response to extensive forest fires.
Appeal target: CHF 2,439,411 (USD 1,923,019 or EUR 1,581,564);
Appeal coverage: 74.4%.
This Annual Report reflects activities implemented over a one-year period; they form part of, and are based on, longer-term, multi-year planning (refer below to access the detailed logframe documents).