Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Venezuela: Human rights experts say health system in crisis
- Promoción y protección de los derechos humanos en la República Bolivariana de Venezuela
- América Latina y El Caribe - Rutas Migratorias de Población Venezolana (a 18 de septiembre de 2018)
- UNICEF Migration flows in Latin America and the Caribbean Situation Report No. 2 | 8 Sept – 8 Oct 2018
- Venezuela Regional Crisis - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #6, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
NOAA NHC: At 500 AM EDT (0900 UTC), the center of Hurricane Matthew was located near latitude 15.2 North, longitude 74.9 West. Matthew is moving toward the north near 6 mph (9 km/h). A general northward motion with some increase in forward speed is expected through Tuesday. On the forecast track, the center of Matthew will approach Jamaica and southwestern Haiti tonight, and eastern Cuba on Tuesday. Maximum sustained winds are near 130 mph (215 km/h) with higher gusts. Matthew is a category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.
NOAA NHC: At 500 PM EDT (2100 UTC), the center of Hurricane Matthew was located near latitude 14.6 North, longitude 74.8 West. Matthew is moving toward the northwest near 5 mph (7 km/h). A turn toward the north is expected tonight. On the forecast track, the center of Matthew will approach southwestern Haiti and Jamaica on Monday. Maximum sustained winds are near 145 mph (230 km/h) with higher gusts. Matthew is a category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.
PDC14A - 17A
PDC14A - 15A
PDC14A - 13B
NOAA NHC: At 500 AM EDT (0900 UTC), the center of Hurricane Matthew was located near latitude 13.3 North, longitude 72.8 West. Matthew is moving toward the west near 7 mph (11 km/h). A turn toward the west-northwest is forecast later today, followed by a turn toward the north-northwest on Sunday. On the forecast track, the center of Matthew will move away from the Guajira Peninsula this morning, move across the central Caribbean Sea today, and be approaching Jamaica late Sunday.
WTNT35 KNHC 142039
HURRICANE EMILY ADVISORY NUMBER 16
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
United Nations humanitarian agencies are accelerating the deployment of staff and emergency kits to the Caribbean, where Hurricane Ivan - the latest in a series of tropical storms to strike the region this season - is already wreaking deadly havoc.
UN spokesman Fred Eckhard told reporters today that a five-member UN Disaster Assessment and Coordination Team is being set up in Jamaica, one of the countries expected to bear the brunt of Hurricane Ivan as it heads west and then north across the Caribbean region in the direction of the south-eastern United States.
Officials from the …