Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- EU steps up assistance for victims of the Venezuela crisis
- UNICEF Migration flows in Latin America and the Caribbean Situation Report No. 3 | 8 Oct - 8 Nov 2018
- La ONU incluye por primera vez a Venezuela en el plan anual de ayuda humanitaria
- UNICEF strengthens support for women and children in Venezuela
- Number of refugees and migrants from Venezuela reaches three million
CARACAS, Nov 7 (Reuters) - A magnitude 5.3 earthquake struck mountainous western Venezuela in the early hours of Saturday, knocking out power in some areas, damaging some buildings and triggering rockfalls that killed one man, authorities said.
By Omar Lugo
CARIACO, Venezuela (Reuter) - Search teams pumped oxygen Friday into the mangled ruins of an office block flattened by an earthquake that killed at least 68 people in eastern Venezuela, many of them children buried in
''We've injected air to help anybody
still alive to keep going,'' said fire chief Angel Freites as firemen fed
hoses down holes opened in the rubble of what was once a six-story building.
CUMANA, Venezuela (Reuter) - Rescue teams in eastern Venezuela Thursday tried to reach survivors trapped beneath collapsed buildings by an earthquake that hit the Caribbean coast and killed at least 36 people.
Schools and office buildings were flattened by the temblor, which measured 6.9 on the open-ended Richter scale and officials said the death toll could rise from Venezuela's worst earthquake in three decades.