Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- CARE scales up its response to the Venezuela crisis and warns that Venezuelan women are facing unprecedented suffering across Latin America
- EU steps up assistance for victims of the Venezuela crisis
- UNICEF strengthens support for women and children in Venezuela
- La ONU incluye por primera vez a Venezuela en el plan anual de ayuda humanitaria
- Number of refugees and migrants from Venezuela reaches three million
This Final Report is intended for reporting on emergency appeals
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokesman Ron Redmond - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
This is a summary of what was said by UNHCR spokeswoman Millicent Mutuli - to whom quoted text may be attributed - at today's press briefing at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
GENEVA - A failure to understand the economic and social realities facing disaster victims leads to poorly designed aid efforts which don't help protect people from the impact of future disasters, says this year's World Disasters Report released today by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Written by Stephanie Kriner, Staff Writer, RedCross.org
Graphs and charts never tell the human story in all of its richness. For convenience, AFSC divides its work into fixed thematic and geographic categories, but we remain mindful of an overarching goal. William Penn encouraged his readers "to try what Love will do." Our aim is to be love at work in the world.
Period covered: 1 - 31 December 2000
Index site of Satellite images of Americas ant the Caribbean acquired with NOAA Satellites. Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) images for the years 1999, 2000 and 2001and averaged scenes can be found.
Deforestation escalated quake damage in El Salvador.
By Catherine Elton, Special to The Christian Science Monitor
Katia Calderon went out with her sisters Saturday morning to buy notebooks and pens for the first day of school, which was supposed to begin Tuesday. That simple act of preparation saved the girls' lives.
But their home on the outskirts of San Salvador was one of 300 houses buried in a landslide caused by a 7.6 magnitude quake centered in El Salvador and felt throughout Central America.
"My parents were in there.
By David Sanderson, Technical and Policy Adviser, CARE International UK
Index site of Satellite images of Venezuela acquired with NOAA Satellites. Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) images for the years 1999, 2000 and 2001and averaged scenes can be found.