Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- EU steps up assistance for victims of the Venezuela crisis
- La ONU incluye por primera vez a Venezuela en el plan anual de ayuda humanitaria
- UNICEF strengthens support for women and children in Venezuela
- El número de refugiados y migrantes de Venezuela alcanza los 3 millones
- Venezuela: Human rights experts say health system in crisis
Episcopal Relief and Development is monitoring Hurricane Emily, a powerful Category 3 storm with 125 mph winds, as it heads towards the central Caribbean Sea.
On Thursday, the hurricane struck the Windward Islands, hitting St. Vincent with strong winds which tore the roofs off homes. Damage assessments continue, particularly of the island's banana crop.
One person was killed in Grenada following heavy rain which caused flooding and mudslides. The storm also flooded areas in Trinidad and Tobago.
Hurricane Emily is now headed toward Jamaica and the Cayman Islands.