Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Venezuela: Human rights experts say health system in crisis
- Promoción y protección de los derechos humanos en la República Bolivariana de Venezuela
- América Latina y El Caribe - Rutas Migratorias de Población Venezolana (a 18 de septiembre de 2018)
- UNICEF Migration flows in Latin America and the Caribbean Situation Report No. 2 | 8 Sept – 8 Oct 2018
- Venezuela Regional Crisis - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #6, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
Episcopal Relief and Development is monitoring Hurricane Emily, a powerful Category 3 storm with 125 mph winds, as it heads towards the central Caribbean Sea.
On Thursday, the hurricane struck the Windward Islands, hitting St. Vincent with strong winds which tore the roofs off homes. Damage assessments continue, particularly of the island's banana crop.
One person was killed in Grenada following heavy rain which caused flooding and mudslides. The storm also flooded areas in Trinidad and Tobago.
Hurricane Emily is now headed toward Jamaica and the Cayman Islands.