Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Number of refugees and migrants from Venezuela reaches three million
- El número de refugiados y migrantes de Venezuela alcanza los 3 millones
- Venezuela: Numbers Highlight Health Crisis
- Inician Plan de Suministro de Agua para localidades varguenses en sequía
- Venezuela: Human rights experts say health system in crisis
• In Q1-2018, the FAO cereal price index rose by 8.6 percent from Q1-2017, while the global food price index declined by 2 percent year-on-year.
• The real price for wheat was 22 percent above Q1-2017 levels: crops suffered dryness in the United States and cold weather in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States, leaving production forecasts open to a downward revision.3 World ending stocks remain at record levels.
• In Q4-2017, the global food price index of FAO dropped by 2 percent compared to Q3 and remained at approximately the same level as one year ago.
In contrast, the cereal price index rose by 7.6 percent in comparison to Q4-2016.
• Although the real price2 of wheat fell by 2 percent from Q3-2017, prices are still 19 percent higher than in 2016, even though world ending stocks of wheat are at record levels.
• In Q4, the real price of maize was low at US$119/ mt with only slight variation from Q3-2017 and the previous year.
• The upward trend of FAO’s global food price index in 2017 continued in Q3, with the index 7 percent higher than in Q3-2016; this is particularly the result of higher dairy prices. The FAO cereal price index rose by 8.2 percent over the same period.
• The real price2 of wheat rose by 4 percent from Q2-2017. Although prices are significantly higher than in Q3-2016, world supplies are abundant and production forecasts for Russia and the EU are very favourable.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the first quarter of 2017 (January to March).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 71 countries in the fourth quarter of 2016 (October to December).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the third quarter of 2016 (July to September). The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
Biannual FAO Food Outlook report and new Food Price Index released
9 October 2014, Rome - Food markets are more stable and prices for most agricultural commodities are sharply lower than they have been in recent years, according to the latest edition of FAO's biannual Food Outlook report and a new update to the Organization's monthly Food Price Index, both out today.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.