Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- The Venezuelan Exodus: The Need for International Protection and the Region’s Response
- Salvation Army tackles risk of human trafficking as thousands flee Venezuela
- El éxodo venezolano: Urge una respuesta regional ante la crisis migratoria sin precedentes
- Increasing restrictions and violence against Venezuelans in neighbouring countries
- Venezuela Regional Crisis - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #5, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
Director-General of the UN Office in Geneva,
Colleagues and friends,
It is an honour to be called to this mandate, to assist States to uphold the human rights of their people, in this year in which we celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• El proyecto se lleva a cabo en siete ciudades europeas de Reino Unido, Francia, Austria, Dinamarca, Italia, Eslovenia y Chipre.
• Está cofinanciado por la Dirección General de Empleo, Asuntos Sociales e Inclusión de la Comisión Europea.
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 19-25 November 2017 and includes updates on West Nile virus, Plague, monkeypox, influenza, diphtheria, yellow fever and Marburg virus disease.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
10 March 2016
Distinguished President, Excellencies,
Over the past ten days, many delegations have shared with me their alarm about the growing disarray in many countries. And among other issues, I have raised with many of them my concerns about arrests, harassment and spurious prosecutions of journalists, activists, political opponents and human rights defenders.