Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Declaración Conjunta del ACNUR y de la OIM acerca del nombramiento del Sr. Eduardo Stein como Representante Especial Conjunto para los refugiados y migrantes venezolanos en la región
- The Venezuelan Exodus: The Need for International Protection and the Region’s Response
- Venezuela Crisis Regional (Última actualización 11.09.18)
- Joint statement by UNHCR and IOM on the appointment of Mr. Eduardo Stein, as a Joint Special Representative for Venezuelan refugees and migrants in the region
- Crisis Regional por la Situación de Venezuela Hoja informativa n.°5, Año Fiscal (AF) 2018, 11 de septiembre del 2018
Director-General of the UN Office in Geneva,
Colleagues and friends,
It is an honour to be called to this mandate, to assist States to uphold the human rights of their people, in this year in which we celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Threats and violence affecting emergency care
Middle-East and North Africa
Syrian Arab Republic
19 July 2018: In Manjib city and district, Aleppo governorate, a mine exploded near an ambulance carrying patients, slightly injuring the driver and damaging the vehicle. Another mine was later found 25 metres away from the spot. Source: Manbijmc
Global Overview JULY 2018
MIGRANTES QUE FUERON RETORNADOS AL TRIÁNGULO NORTE.
En el primer trimestre de 2018, en comparación con el mismo periodo de 2017, Guatemala reporta el mayor crecimiento en el número de nacionales retornados, con un incremento de 48% , mientras que Honduras reporta un aumento de 29%. En el caso de El Salvador, por el contrario, se observa una disminución de 38%, registrándose 3563 personas retornadas menos. Los retornos forzosos y voluntarios proceden mayoritariamente de México (54.2%), de Estados Unidos (45.7%).
The Human Rights Council in its midday meeting held a clustered interactive dialogue with Philip Alston, Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, and Cecilia Jimenez-Damary, Special Rapporteur on the human rights of internally displaced persons. The Council also heard a statement by Paul Oquist, Private Secretary for National Policy of Nicaragua.
This overview document presents incidents affecting aid delivery in 16 countries in the Americas in 2017. The report is based on incidents identified in open sources and reported by Aid in Danger partner agencies using the Security in Numbers Database (SiND). In 2017, 156 security incidents affecting NGO staff members, programmes and assets were reported. The total number of reported incidents below reflects the willingness of agencies to share information. It is neither a complete count nor representative.
Global Overview MAY 2018
Global Overview APRIL 2018
Many Latin American countries, states and cities are facing a chronic public security crisis. In spite of more than a decade of modest economic growth, crime and victimization rates are rising, not dropping. Nevertheless, recent information of 2017 show some signs of improvement. Criminal violence is routinely singled out as one of the top concerns of citizens from across Mexico, Central America and South America. And there are warning signs that the region ́s high rates of criminal violence and victimization will continue rising if nothing is done.