Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- Declaración Conjunta del ACNUR y de la OIM acerca del nombramiento del Sr. Eduardo Stein como Representante Especial Conjunto para los refugiados y migrantes venezolanos en la región
- The Venezuelan Exodus: The Need for International Protection and the Region’s Response
- Venezuela Crisis Regional (Última actualización 11.09.18)
- Salvation Army tackles risk of human trafficking as thousands flee Venezuela
- Joint statement by UNHCR and IOM on the appointment of Mr. Eduardo Stein, as a Joint Special Representative for Venezuelan refugees and migrants in the region
Global Overview JULY 2018
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
Global Overview JUNE 2018
Polio this week as of 12 June 2018
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 10-16 June 2018 and includes updates on dengue, Vibrio growth in the Baltic Sea, mass gathering monitoring, Ebola virus disease, West Nile virus, polio and Rift Valley fever.
Global Overview MAY 2018
Estudio global de las amenazas o instancias de uso deliberado o indiscriminado de la fuerza contra estudiantes, docentes, académicos, personal auxiliar educativo y de transporte o funcionarios de educación, y contra escuelas, universidades y otras instituciones educativas, perpetradas con fines políticos, militares, ideológicos, sectarios, étnicos o religiosos entre 2013 y 2017.
Ataques a la educación y uso militar de escuelas y universidades en los países analizados, 2013-2017
Países muy gravemente afectados
Une étude globale des menaces ou de l'usage de la force, délibérée ou non, contre les élèves, les enseignants, les universitaires, le personnel scolaire et des transports ou les agents de l'éducation; et contre les écoles, les universités et autres institutions éducatives, menées pour des raisons politiques, militaires, idéologiques, sectaires, ethniques ou religieuses de 2013 à 2017.
Attaques contre l'éducation et utilisation militaire des écoles et des universités dans les pays ciblés, 2013-2017
Très lourdement affectés
In countries across the globe from Afghanistan to Colombia to India to Mali to Turkey to Yemen and on, students, teachers, and educational facilities are under siege. Targeted killings, rape, abduction, child recruitment, intimidation, threats, military occupation, and destruction of property are just some of the ways in which education is being attacked.
Global Overview APRIL 2018
The aim of the mapping of social safety nets (SSN) was to explore the potential for alignment between humanitarian cash assistance and SSN in forced displacement situations. It considered various aspects of SSN, including programme design, targeting and the legal and regulatory framework. The mapping categorised 18 countries based on the opportunities and challenges with including refugees in the national social safety nets.
Global Overview MARCH 2018
Geneva, Thursday 15 March 2018
Humanitarian access has deteriorated in seven countries over the past six months, according to the Humanitarian Access Overview report released today by ACAPS.
Out of the 37 countries included in the report, nearly half of them (18) are currently facing high humanitarian access constraints. Moderate humanitarian access constraints are an issue in nine countries and ten present low humanitarian access constraints.
7 March 2018
A few days ago, we celebrated the centenary year of Nelson Mandela’s birth. We spoke of his example; his fortitude, his suffering and compassion, while recalling also the declaration that he and my predecessor Mary Robinson signed in 2000 on diversity and tolerance.
Global Overview FEBRUARY 2018
Security Incidents and Access Constraints
Central African Republic