Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of)Ongoing
Appeals & Response Plans
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Dec 2016
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- South America: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2015-Dec 2016
- South America: Drought - 2015-2017
- Venezuela: Floods - Jul 2015
- Venezuela: Floods - May 2012
- Venezuela: Floods - Nov 2011
- Venezuela: Floods and Landslides - Nov 2010
- Tropical Storm Matthew - Sep 2010
- Latin America: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2010
Most read reports
- The Venezuelan Exodus: The Need for International Protection and the Region’s Response
- Salvation Army tackles risk of human trafficking as thousands flee Venezuela
- El éxodo venezolano: Urge una respuesta regional ante la crisis migratoria sin precedentes
- Increasing restrictions and violence against Venezuelans in neighbouring countries
- Venezuela Regional Crisis - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #5, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
The Human Rights Council in its midday meeting held a clustered interactive dialogue with Philip Alston, Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, and Cecilia Jimenez-Damary, Special Rapporteur on the human rights of internally displaced persons. The Council also heard a statement by Paul Oquist, Private Secretary for National Policy of Nicaragua.
By Stacy Jones MissionNewswire
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the first quarter of 2017 (January to March).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 71 countries in the fourth quarter of 2016 (October to December).1 The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
Un total de 133 inmigrantes, entre los que hay venezolanos, africanos, brasileños y haitianos, fueron localizados hoy en Guatemala sin la documentación legal pertinente, informó la Policía Nacional Civil (PNC).
Las fuerzas de seguridad afirmaron en un comunicado que el grupo, constituido por 10 menores y 123 adultos, llegó a la Comisaría de Chiquimula, donde se les brindó apoyo.
Posteriormente, los inmigrantes, 5 brasileños, 2 venezolanos, 27 africanos y 99 haitianos, fueron trasladados a un albergue de la Dirección General de Migración.
GIDAN GIMBA, NIGERIA — The health programs of The Carter Center have surpassed a major milestone: The organization on Nov. 4 celebrated assisting with the distribution of 500 million doses of donated medication to combat five neglected tropical diseases in 14 countries in Africa and Latin America.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 70 countries in the third quarter of 2016 (July to September). The maps on pages 6–7 disaggregate the impact analysis to sub-national level.
The ground breaking ceremony for the construction of three factories in West Africa to produce biolarvicides under the regional Malaria Elimination Campaign Programme took place in Abidjan on 28th February 2013, on the margins of the 42nd Ordinary Summit of ECOWAS Heads of State and Government.
Survey finds sharp rise in killings over land and forests as Rio talks open
New figures collected by Global Witness on the killings of activists, journalists and community members who were defending rights to land and forests show the true, shocking extent of competition for access to natural resources. The briefing, A Hidden Crisis?, finds that over 711 people appear to have been killed in the last decade – more than one a week. In 2011 the toll was 106 people, almost doubling over the past three years.
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
- During the first quarter of fiscal 2009
(April to June), JICA (President Sadako Ogata) signed a total of 46 grant
Key details of two of the major projects are provided below. A complete list of the first quarter grant agreements is provided in the appendix.
2. The Philippine government has set poverty reduction as an important element in their mid-term development plan. As a key part of their policy on poverty reduction, they are implementing regional agricultural land reforms to improve the lives of small farm owners and tenant farmers.
The Global Appeal 2007
UNHCR's Global Appeal is published yearly to alert governmental and private sector donors, Executive Committee (ExCom) members and Standing Committee observers, Governments and their Permanent Missions in Geneva, the UN Secretariat, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs, regional organizations and other institutions and interested individuals to the plight of millions of refugees and others of concern to UNHCR.
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION