United States of America
Most read reports
- Fact Sheet: U.S. Immigration and Central American Asylum Seekers
- UNHCR statement on new US regulation on asylum
- Attack on Asylum is Dangerous and Harmful
- RI Statement on Proposed Administration Rule and Anticipated Presidential Proclamation on Asylum
- United States Government Must Respect the Human Right to Seek Asylum
Drought, earthquakes, floods, typhoons, volcanoes, and civil unrest, compounded by limited government response capacity in some countries, present significant challenges to vulnerable populations in the East Asia and the Pacific (EAP) region. Between FY 2008 and FY 2017, USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA) and USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP) provided humanitarian assistance in response to a range of natural and complex emergencies in the region.