United States of America
Most read reports
- MSF statement on US asylum ban ruling
- Key facts about the migrant and refugee caravans making their way to the USA
- U.S. Government Deals Fresh Blow to Asylum Seekers with UNHCR Snub
- Fact Sheet: U.S. Immigration and Central American Asylum Seekers
- USA: Trump's cruel plans to block people seeking protection must not stand
Natural hazards such as earthquakes, droughts, floods, wildfires, and extreme winter weather affect a range of countries in Europe, the Middle East, and Central Asia (EMCA). In addition, rapid urban growth and environmental degradation in some countries have led to overcrowding and settlement in hazard-prone areas. Protracted conflict and limited governmental disaster management capacity in many EMCA countries compound the risks associated with natural disasters.