United States of America
Most read reports
- Joint Humanitarian Operations: How to Bring US Humanitarian Assistance into the 21st Century
- Fact Sheet: U.S. Immigration and Central American Asylum Seekers
- Americas: Stuck at the door - The urgent need for protection of Central American refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in the caravans
- U.S. Government Deals Fresh Blow to Asylum Seekers with UNHCR Snub
- Fact Sheet: Why Central American Families are Fleeing their Homes
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 2.8 percent to a record 2 180 million tonnes. Most of the increase is in wheat following significant expansion in plantings in all regions. Coarse grains output is expected around the bumper level of last year but lower than earlier anticipated due to severe floods in the United States, the world's largest producer and exporter. Rice is tentatively forecast to increase slightly from last year's good level.
- Despite the anticipated increase in world output, cereal markets will remain tight in 2008/09.