- IOM’s assistance to Conflict-Affected People in Ukraine - October 2017
- Ukraine Legislative Update: October 2017
- WFP Ukraine Country Brief August 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017 [EN/UK]
- Humanitarian Response Plan 2017 [EN/UK]
- Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) 2017 Mid-Year Review (MYR) Report, Aug 2017
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Ukraine
- IOM Ukraine 2017 Crisis Response Plan
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Central Europe: Floods - May 2010
- Europe: Cold Wave - Dec 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Central and Eastern Europe: Floods - Jul 2008
- Ukraine: Storm - Jul 2007
- Ukraine: Floods - Jul 2006
- Belarus/Russian Fed./Ukraine and Moldova: Severe Weather - Feb 2006
- Romania: Floods - Mar 2001
- Ukraine: Floods - Mar 2001
(New York, 22 November) - The United Nations Trust Fund to End Violence against Women (UN Trust Fund) today announced USD 8 million in grants to 17 initiatives in 18 countries and territories. First-time grant recipients include organizations from Antigua and Barbuda, Mauritania, Myanmar and Kosovo (under UNSCR 1244). These new grants are expected to reach 2.3 million beneficiaries between 2014 and 2017.
1. Executive summary
The economic crisis in Europe continues to hit headlines. According to the last EU figures, 43.6 million of EU citizens find difficulties in accessing food on a daily basis, and trends show that the need for food assistance is likely to increase in the near future.
Over 26 millions of people were unemployed across the EU in April 2013, by 1.7 million more than in April 2012. Youth unemployment figures are particularly alarming, with peaks of 56 per cent in Spain and 62.5 per cent in Greece.
1. Executive summary
The programmes and services provided by the Ukrainian Red Cross Society were focusing on the needs of vulnerable people, and these activities were not only responsive but of recognized high standards in terms of performance, accountability and integrity. The National Society’s mission is to protect lives, prevent and alleviate human suffering during natural disasters and technical accidents, as well as assist the health authorities and the medical services.
UNAIDS urges countries to rapidly scale up access to antiretroviral medicines to maximize HIV treatment and prevention gains
ABUJA, Nigeria /GENEVA, 13 July 2013—The Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) has launched a new framework to accelerate action in reaching 15 million people with antiretroviral treatment by 2015––the goal set by United Nations Member States in 2011.