Appeals & Response Plans
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Central Europe: Floods - May 2010
- Europe: Cold Wave - Dec 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Central and Eastern Europe: Floods - Jul 2008
- Ukraine: Storm - Jul 2007
- Ukraine: Floods - Jul 2006
- Belarus/Russian Fed./Ukraine and Moldova: Severe Weather - Feb 2006
- Ukraine: Floods - Mar 2001
- Hungary: Floods - Mar 2001
Most read reports
- Ukraine: Making figures count − Visualizing displacement with an interactive map
- Ukraine: Checkpoints - Humanitarian Snapshot (as of 19 October 2018) [EN/RU/UK]
- Ukraine: Protection Cluster Factsheet - September 2018 [EN/RU/UK]
- Latest from the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), based on information received as of 19:30, 21 October 2018
- Latest from the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), based on information received as of 19:30, 19 October 2018
30 NOVEMBER 2011 ¦ GENEVA -- Global progress in both preventing and treating HIV emphasizes the benefits of sustaining investment in HIV/AIDS over the longer term. The latest report by the World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF and UNAIDS "Report on the Global HIV/AIDS Response" indicates that increased access to HIV services resulted in a 15% reduction of new infections over the past decade and a 22% decline in AIDS-related deaths in the last five years.
Programme purpose: To reduce the number of death, injuries and impact from disasters; to reduce deaths, illne sses an d impact from diseases an d pub lic he alth emergencies; a nd to increase local community, civil society and Red Cross/Red Crescent capacity to address the most urgent situations of vulnerability; promote respect for diversity and hu man dignit y, and reduce into lerance, discrimination and social exclusion.
Companies Shut Down HIV Drug Discount Programmes in Middle-Income Countries, Where Prices Can Be Over Ten Times Higher
Médecins Sans Frontières releases HIV drug pricing report at Rome AIDS conference
ROME, 18 July 2011 – Several pharmaceutical companies have abandoned HIV drug discount programmes in middle-income countries, according to an HIV drug price report released today by Médecins Sans Frontières MSF (Doctors Without Borders) at the International AIDS Society Conference in Rome.
This report covers the period 01/01/2010 to 31/12/2010
Programme purpose: The programmes supported by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Ukraine are in line with the Strategy 2020 strategic aims to save lives, protect livelihoods, and strengthen recovery from disaster and crises; to enable healthy and safe living; to build strong National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.