- IOM’s assistance to Conflict-Affected People in Ukraine - September 2017
- IFRC Complex emergency - Emergency appeal n° MDRUA007 operation update n° 8, 15 Sep 2017
- Humanitarian Bulletin: Ukraine | Issue 21 | 1 – 31 August 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) 2017 Mid-Year Review (MYR) Report, Aug 2017
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017 [EN/UK]
- Humanitarian Response Plan 2017 [EN/UK]
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Ukraine
- IOM Ukraine 2017 Crisis Response Plan
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Central Europe: Floods - May 2010
- Europe: Cold Wave - Dec 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Central and Eastern Europe: Floods - Jul 2008
- Ukraine: Storm - Jul 2007
- Ukraine: Floods - Jul 2006
- Belarus/Russian Fed./Ukraine and Moldova: Severe Weather - Feb 2006
- Ukraine: Floods - Mar 2001
- Hungary: Floods - Mar 2001
Olesya Arkhypova left her home in the Donetsk region in eastern Ukraine shortly after the armed conflict broke out in May, 2014. A month later, her father died in the conflict. As the government forces lost control over her home town Makiivka, Arkhypova quit her job at an advertisement company and set out to find a safer place to live. She was several weeks pregnant at the time.
(New York, 22 November) - The United Nations Trust Fund to End Violence against Women (UN Trust Fund) today announced USD 8 million in grants to 17 initiatives in 18 countries and territories. First-time grant recipients include organizations from Antigua and Barbuda, Mauritania, Myanmar and Kosovo (under UNSCR 1244). These new grants are expected to reach 2.3 million beneficiaries between 2014 and 2017.
This year, the message marking the commemoration of the World AIDS Day is unequivocal: Zero New Infections, Zero Discrimination and Zero AIDS-related deaths. Violence against women has been increasingly recognized as both a cause and a consequence of HIV. The twin pandemics are each rooted in gender discrimination, women’s subordination, disregard for women’s human rights and the power imbalances between women and men that exist in societies all over the world.