Appeals & Response Plans
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Central Europe: Floods - May 2010
- Europe: Cold Wave - Dec 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Central and Eastern Europe: Floods - Jul 2008
- Ukraine: Storm - Jul 2007
- Ukraine: Floods - Jul 2006
- Belarus/Russian Fed./Ukraine and Moldova: Severe Weather - Feb 2006
- Ukraine: Floods - Mar 2001
- Hungary: Floods - Mar 2001
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator, Ursula Mueller, Statement to the media at the Conference on the Humanitarian Situation in Eastern Ukraine and the Way Forward, 28 February 2018
- WHO calls on partners to respond to the health and humanitarian needs of Ukrainians
- Four years of conflict in Ukraine leave 4.4 million people in dire humanitarian situation [EN/UK]
- UNESCO and EUAM cooperate to train law enforcement officers in Ukraine on freedom of expression and safety of journalists
- Ukraine: Humanitarian Snapshot (as of 27 February 2018) [EN/RU/UK]
GENEVA (13 September 2016) – The United Nations Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture (SPT) on Friday concluded its visit to Ukraine. The experts returned to Ukraine from 5 to 9 September to resume a visit they had suspended in May after being unable to access some places under the authority of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU).
GENEVA (31 August 2016) – UN torture prevention experts will return to Ukraine from 5 to 9 September to resume a visit they had suspended in May after being unable to access some places of detention that are under the authority of the Security Service of Ukraine.
The resumption of the visit by a delegation from the UN Subcommittee on the Prevention of Torture (SPT) follows positive talks between the SPT and the Government of Ukraine.
GENEVA (25 May 2016) – The United Nations Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture (SPT) has suspended its visit to Ukraine after being denied access to places in several parts of the country where it suspects people are being deprived of their liberty by the Security Service of Ukraine, the SBU.
Committee against Torture
6 November 2014
The Committee against Torture today concluded its consideration of the sixth periodic report of Ukraine on its implementation of the provisions of the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.