Appeals & Response Plans
- Europe/Northern Africa: Cold Wave - Jan 2012
- Central Europe: Floods - May 2010
- Europe: Cold Wave - Dec 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- Central and Eastern Europe: Floods - Jul 2008
- Ukraine: Storm - Jul 2007
- Ukraine: Floods - Jul 2006
- Belarus/Russian Fed./Ukraine and Moldova: Severe Weather - Feb 2006
- Ukraine: Floods - Mar 2001
- Hungary: Floods - Mar 2001
Most read (last 30 days)
- “Your Rights”: UNDP launches mobile app to protect the rights of IDPs and SGBV survivors [EN/UK]
- Latest from the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), based on information received as of 19:30, 6 July 2018
- Ukraine: Checkpoints - Humanitarian Snapshot (as of 16 July 2018)
- Osnat Lubrani assumes duties as UN Resident Coordinator, Humanitarian Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in Ukraine [EN/UK/RU]
- Ukraine: 3W Operational Presence - as of 31 May 2018
GENEVA (13 September 2016) – The United Nations Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture (SPT) on Friday concluded its visit to Ukraine. The experts returned to Ukraine from 5 to 9 September to resume a visit they had suspended in May after being unable to access some places under the authority of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU).
GENEVA (31 August 2016) – UN torture prevention experts will return to Ukraine from 5 to 9 September to resume a visit they had suspended in May after being unable to access some places of detention that are under the authority of the Security Service of Ukraine.
The resumption of the visit by a delegation from the UN Subcommittee on the Prevention of Torture (SPT) follows positive talks between the SPT and the Government of Ukraine.
GENEVA (25 May 2016) – The United Nations Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture (SPT) has suspended its visit to Ukraine after being denied access to places in several parts of the country where it suspects people are being deprived of their liberty by the Security Service of Ukraine, the SBU.
Committee against Torture
6 November 2014
The Committee against Torture today concluded its consideration of the sixth periodic report of Ukraine on its implementation of the provisions of the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.